Talk To Us: (208) 766-4891

All Things Idaho Real Estate – October 2016

By in Malad Real Estate with 0 Comments

The following list of links and information was hand picked for you to use for your reference from off of the Idaho Real Estate Commission’s website. We are hopeful that this information supplied will aid in your real estate career. As always, we are the Malad Real Estate experts. Give us a call at any time with any questions.

For Real Estate Agents; E&O renewal

If you received an E&O audit letter from the Commission and you have proof of insurance, e-mail the REE-141 or REE-142 form to or FAX to (208) 334-2050.

If you have purchased a policy from CRES, they should have sent you an e-mail with your certificate of insurance. Forward that e-mail to IREC at CRES does not submit proof of E&O to IREC. Proof must be submitted by licensees themselves.mountain valley realty logo

2016 License & Law Booklet (PDF)

This booklet contains the Idaho Real Estate License Law and Rules effective on July 1, 2016.

The 2016 License & Law Booklet

Real Estate Forms

The link listed below will send you to the forms page within the Idaho Real Estate Commission website for the following subjects:

Licensing – Individual Applications

Licensing – Company Applications

Licensing – Miscellaneous




Education – Instructors & Providers

E&O Insurance

Agency Disclosure Brochure



Enforcement Department

If you have any problems, questions, or complaints about service or representations made by real estate licensees, please contact our office.

The Idaho Real Estate Commission enforces the Idaho real estate license law (regulation of Idaho brokers and sales associates).  The Commission has no jurisdiction over ethics violations or civil matters such as contract, commission or earnest money disputes.

For more information on these topics, contact:

Title Insurance – Department of Insurance
Mortgage Lending and Banking – Department of Finance
Appraisers and Appraisals – Bureau of Occupational Licenses
Consumer Protection Act – Attorney General

The State of Idaho does not regulate property managers, homeowners associations, or home inspectors.

Idaho License Law & Rules (Idaho Code 54-2001, et seq. and IDAPA 33.01.01)
Idaho Property Condition Disclosure Act (Idaho Code 55-2501, et seq.)

Subdivided Lands Registration

The Idaho Real Estate Commission administers the Subdivided Lands Registration Act, which requires registration of time shares and some subdivision projects for those who market to Idaho residents. Please contact our office if you have any questions about this law. Forms are available through the Quick Links Menu.

IREC participates in the ARELLO Timeshare Registry (ATR), which has been adopted by nearly 50% of the U.S. jurisdictions that require timeshare developers to register their projects.  Idaho offers a discounted fee for registrants who use the ATR.

Short Sale & Foreclosure Information

Some short sale and foreclosure practices are legal, and others are not.  If you have any questions, contact one of the following agencies for assistance:

Idaho Real Estate Commission
Idaho Department of Finance
Idaho Attorney General’s Office

The Real Estate Commission has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Attorney General, the Department of Finance, and the Department of Insurance to share information about possible short sale and foreclosure fraud.

Read the Attorney General’s office guidance to consumers about short sales and foreclosures.

The Federal Trade Commission also offers advice to consumers about foreclosures and short sales.  Visit their website to learn more about foreclosure rescue scams.

Share This
About The Author